Monday, March 2, 2009

Thankful Monday

Some good friends of mine have started a tradition of blogging what they are thankful for every Thursday. Having been touched and inspired by them, I have decided to choose Monday as my day to express what I have been thankful for over the past week (I would do Thursday girls, but I never seem to get to my computer in time :)).

I am thankful . . .
  • that Greg, Lily and myself are feeling better after a bout with some gastrointestinal ickiness.
  • for the women's brunch at church on Saturday that was full of loveliness and God's hand. I love being surrounded by extraoridinary women.
  • for the amazing man my husband is: Taking care of Lily yesterday while I was sick, leaving me a love note this morning, how he intentionally tells me what he appreciates about me before we go to sleep, his dedication and devotion to our daughter every day and night. Thank you Greg, for being my wonderful partner in this life.
  • that Lent started on Wednesday. While I did not attend service, nor have I been altogether faithful in what I have chosen to do for the season, I appreciate a time that makes me look at the simplicity in my tasks and life and look heavenward. I especially enjoy the communal atmosphere during this season as people try to "give up" something, or just become more disciplined in the name and help of Christ leading up to Easter.
  • that after finishing some books on the Middle East, I have the freedom to type what I am thankful for on this blog without retribution, as a woman. These books have made me so grateful to be a woman where I am.

1 comment:

  1. thank you Tammy. Its not about the day of being grateful, just the act. love you!

    ReplyDelete