Monday, March 9, 2009

Thankful Monday

Lily looking at the big kid's slide

As I was thinking about one of the exercises in Lily's swim class, I can't help but feel how it sums up some Mondays: Jump in and reach for the side. Today I have been hearing a lot of Daddy's name from Lily: Waking up this morning, when she fell off a toy at Focus on the Family and at various other points. I can't fault her for it, she is a Daddy's girl and if anyone can fix anything it's Daddy. I am grateful for the relationship Greg and Lily have, how inseparable they are on the weekends and evenings. I am grateful for being able to take Lily to Whit's End at Focus on the Family, where she just ran and longed to be old enough to go down the giant slide that frightens a lot of kids bigger than her (she loves speed). Even when she was throwing a tantrum because she was getting tired and frustrated that she couldn't play on some of the toys/rides like she wanted because they were just out of reach of her size, I just thought of how far she has come in walking and how much further she will grow. Monday's like these make me grateful that I have a God that I can reach for, who is already there, ready to teach me and grow me this week. Monday's like these make me grateful that I don't have to reach for what I already have.Lily with Cousin Logan getting ready to go to Focus on the Family

No comments:

Post a Comment