Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Visit With a Good Alaskan Friend


Singing, laughing, books, politics, love, church, God, prayer, grace, children, mountains, the present, old friends, new friends, silence, beauty, Pikes Peak, leaves, chinese food, space, where would we like to be, illness, travel, The Fantastiks, dancing, life . . .
These are some of the topics that Judith and I talked about as if there wasn't enough air to get everything out. I love friends like that.

Earlier this week, I was able to have a short, but wonderful visit with my good friend and former Hebrew teacher, Judith Bendersky, from my days in Alaska. Judith currently lives in Anchorage, AK and came to Colorado to visit with friends and escape the snow that is already piling up there (I do not miss those winters). It has been years since we have been able to sit down and really talk since I left that snowy state. Thank God for computers and E-mail, but there is something so good for the mind and body to be able to sit and talk over tea and coffee with a soul friend. I loved that she could experience a bit of my world now, getting to know Greg and Lily. Thank you Judith for your patience with my sniffles and coughing while I battled a viral infection. Here are some pictures of a small hike we did at Garden of the Gods and sitting in my house. I love my friend dearly and can't wait to take the family up to Alaska one day to show them where mommy once lived.
It's a blessing to have a friend, where years can pass, but you can pick up right where you left off, no matter how many states are in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment